WILDside is a Heritage Lottery Fund supported project covering Northamptonshire. This project started in March 2017 and lasts until December 2019. The project aims to enthuse and enable the next generation of wildlife recorders across Northamptonshire. This includes encouraging new recorders and supporting existing recorders to develop their skills.
The main aims of this project are to:
- Recruit and train new recorders
- Help existing recorders to broaden and deepen their recording and identification skills
- Strengthen the voluntary recording network
We are doing this in the following ways:
- Providing free training workshops and field sessions
- Arranging access to Local Wildlife Sites
- Running a series of talks at the Northamptonshire Natural History Society
- Building up a library of books, resources and equipment which can be used by recorders in the county
- Encouraging online recording
- Providing drop in sessions and 1:1 support to help recorders in any way we can
- Running a Facebook Group which enables recorders to keep up to date with the project, help one another and share sightings
We will be adding more information to this website soon about some species we particularly want you to look out for, along with some links to some online identification resources.
For more information about the project and to sign up to our mailing list, please contact:
Ryan Clark, WILDside Project Coordinator on WILDside@northantsbrc.org.uk or 01604 400448